It is known as platelet rich plasma therapy. PRP is a non-surgical therapeutic option for patients who require stimulation of hair growth for hair loss conditions. It seeks to harvest natural growth factors found in the blood. PRP therapy has established itself to be effective as a medical treatment in the specialty fields of oral surgery, neurosurgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery, sports medicine and orthopedics. It has been extensively used in many countries and the success outcome is always positive.
PRP is the versatile tool in the treatment of hair loss for a number of causes including:
- Male pattern Hair loss- Especially in the early stages of balding.
- Female pattern hair loss- At all stages of hair loss.
- Telogen Effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Metabolic causes of hair loss- iron deficiency and medication induced hair loss
PRP HAIR LOSS TREATMENT THERAPY HAS MULTIPLE BENEFITS:
- The first benefit is that the platelet rich plasma is developed from the client’s own blood, no risks of rejection, allergies or hypersensitivities.
- The second point is the effectiveness of the treatment, where results can be seen after the initial 1 to 2 sessions.
- The next benefit is that no cuts or scars are involved.
- Finally, PRP is a natural treatment beneficial for both men and women.